Today, 21 of September I decide to participate in the International PEACE day. I think that we should push for Peace every day, and that the idea for Peace in the world should be implant in our way of leaving, so we can construct positive things that will be reflection of Peace in ourselves and in the environment in which we leave.
To participate like active citizen in the society is not a little thing. Maybe is little for us like individuals but if you do good simple things and live your normal life you’ll be part of the people who stand for World Peace. Once when I was on exhibition for World Peace and helping kids and youngsters with physical and mental disabilities, with part of their art works and art works from one art artist from Poland after the opening in a conversation with the artist I told him that I fight for Peace in the world. We open new discussion after I say fight, cause the Peace is everything except Fight. I wanted to use the word in other sense but even when you want to use this word in positive way it doesn’t have sense. So we decide that it’s better to use the word push than fight in this situation. Cause the idea of this was that me, Him and all the others we are not fighting for Peace, but we Push for Peace.
“Peace Day should be devoted to commemorating and strengthening the ideals of peace both within and among all nations and peoples…This day will serve as a reminder to all peoples that our organization, with all its limitations, is a living instrument in the service of peace and should serve all of us here within the organization as a constantly pealing bell reminding us that our permanent commitment, above all interests or differences of any kind, is to peace.”
International Day of Peace – September 21
What does it mean actually?
- The International Day of Peace (“Peace Day”) provides an opportunity for individuals, organizations and nations to create practical acts of peace on a shared date.
- It was established by United Nations resolution in 1981 to coincide with the opening of the General Assembly. The first Peace Day was celebrated in September 1982.
- In 2001 the General Assembly officially declared September 21 as the permanent date for the International Day of Peace.
- 21 September 2009 – The International Day of Peace is being celebrated across Afghanistan today through activities and events that have been organized not just by the United Nations, but also by big and small organizations.
- 21 September 2009 – Almost 1.2 million Afghan children have benefited from polio immunization that was conducted for the International Day of Peace in eight provinces, including some of the country’s hardest to reach areas such as Kandahar, Uruzgan, and Helmand.
- 21 September 2009 – Peace Day campaigning in Bamyan has been in full swing in the final days leading up to today’s International Day of Peace. People from local communities, non-government organizations, the local government and UN agencies joining the Peace Day 2009 campaign by organizing different events to mobilize local communities to call for everlasting peace in Afghanistan.
21 September 2009 – The International Day of Peace is being marked across Afghanistan today with hopes high that a ceasefire will be observed. In the run-up to the worldwide Peace Day, events and activities have taken place across Afghanistan as people and organizations have answered this year’s campaign slogan – “What are you doing for Peace?”
For the third year in a row, the United Nations has called on everyone in Afghanistan to do something for peace in the country.
- and many more
- that we have to do in the
I continue with my support for Peace in the world.
I think is better for you to support the idea for World Peace too!
http://www.peaceinourlifet ime.org where we acknowledge and thank each person who adds their voice to peace by providing them with a free personalized certificate and unique voice number. Join with us in Celebration on Global Peace Day & Ceasefire September 21st… Go to http://www.peaceinourlifet ime.org to join in this global party of peace… no matter where on earth you are.
Pictures are property of global domain… One Voice picture is property of Peace In Our Lifetime.
join the International Day of Peace facebook fan group